Visitor and Tour rules
How to Request a Tour
Please request a tour at least two weeks in advance of your desired date. Tours dates are to be scheduled between April 1st-September 31st. Allotted times are between the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. C.S.T. Tuesday-Thursday. Please call (701)974-3308 and schedule your tour with our receptionist.
The following information is needed to schedule your tour.
1. Your name, title, and telephone number
2. The name and size of your group
3. The tour date and time you are requesting
RTE evaluates individual tour requests on a case-by-case basis.
• Group size must consist of a minimum 5, maximum 30 people per group. If more than 30 please let us know so we can plan for more guides to be available if needed.
• Children must be the age of 8 or 3rd grade and higher to be allowed in the plant.
• One supervising adult is required for every 8th child under the age of 15.
• Individuals MUST have closed-toed shoes or you will not be allowed to go on the tour.
• Hard hats and safety glasses will be provided to you and MUST be worn at all times. Ear plugs are also available upon request.
• RTE prohibits the use of cameras and video equipment. Make special requests in advance if photos or video would like to be taken.
• Tour participants must stay with their designated RTE guide at all times.
• RTE will immediately stop the tour if a group member or members violates safety principals, leaves the group, or uses unauthorized recording devices.
• RTE conducts tours at our discretion.
• NO pets are allowed
• NO drug paraphernalia, alcohol or weapons of any kind are to be on our property. You will be escorted off immediately if you have any in your possession.
• NO cell phones, smoking, food or drinks are allowed on tour.
• If necessary, RTE will cancel a tour on short notice to meet business or security needs and if there is inclement weather.
Thank you for considering Red Trail Energy as your tour destination. We look forward to seeing you.